Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Bubble Bubble Toil and Trouble





Today was a bit of a meh day, could have been better but could have been worse I suppose. The two main downer buzz's on the day happened pretty much simultaneously. So i'm sitting downstairs watching Liverpool outplay Lyon, and watching me outplay everyone in JP's mini wsop sat on Boyles. Got to heads up and doubled up, with a 2/1 chip lead for the ticket. Ryan Babel just knocks in a cracker, everything's looking great. Nah not really, I forgot to account for the fact that it was Liverpool and me playing, both of whom are liable to blowups. And blowup we both did.I played a really bad 3bet pot to switch the stack sizes and then played a poor, impatient smaller stack game. Pissed off with myself but anyway. Liverpool seemed guilty of the same things to be honest, complacency, lack of concentration and being a Greek retard. Well not the last bit I suppose.

It's always entertaining/tilting to watch the lads in the RTE studio after a Liverpool game and tonight was no exception. My favourite part was their point about Rafa signing 76 players or whatever they kept harping on about. I don't deny he's made some bad signings in the past but surely that number must be largely made up of youth players etc. Anyway the best part was John Giles talking in a reverential tone about Harry Redknapp's astute acquisitions, namely Glen Johnson and Peter Crouch. Now where have I see those two before, hmmmm. Looking at the moment like we won't get into the next phase, Europa Cup ftw I guess.

I didn't play as many hands today as I would have liked, mainly due to getting up late and procrastination on boards etc. This is something I definitely have to sort out, the amount of time I spend aimlessly looking around the site or refreshing BBV like a junkie is ridiculous, I can definitely be doing something more productive. Anyway, only got in 1500 hands or so today, which is kind of annoying. If I want to make my 40k target by the end of the month I'm going to have to step it up a bit. I did make 4 buyins though which was nice, and ran ok. I had one sick hand where I sucked out in horrendous fashion by pinging ye olde 1 outer. Got it in with kkxx on a AsKsx flop v AAxx and QTxsxs. Flush completes on the turn and the King from wherever he's from on the river ships the loot. Here's my Graph.





I suppose all in all today was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment