Sunday, November 22, 2009

Overdue Post

The last week's been a major disaster really, so didn't feel like posting much. I dropped about 17 buyins in 3k hands. That's a pretty spectacular feat if I do say so myself. The downswong came at the same time as the disappointment of the world cup qualifiers, needless to say I was pretty depressed.

The match itself was actually a lot of fun, until we got knocked out obviously. The worst part was the realisation the next day that we're going to be spending the Summer half heartedly watching the rest of the world competing for the World Cup. If we had qualified we'd be guaranteed at least 3 decent nights out, nights of expectation, of hope, of excitement, accompanied by lots of alcohol and ultimately that all to familiar feeling of disappointment. No doubt this would manifest itself amongst certain quarters some in vitriolic racist attacks on whoever knocked us out. Or a retarded Facebook campaign. Probably both actually.

Played a few tournies today and scooped 2 which wasn't a bad strike rate. They were both PPP exclusives and decent little games. The $25 6 max had a nice little overlay actually which was sweet. Only played a few hundred hands of cash and won 2 buyins which was nice for a change. The roll's sitting around $1100, not quite where I want it but barring any more major disasters I'll start taking a few shots at 50plo when I get my rakeback at the end of the month. 16k hands more to play this month to hit my target of 40k!! Dunno if i'll make it but i'll give it a lash

/off to watch Mad Men

No comments:

Post a Comment